Ending The Dinner Dilemma!
Are you tired of figuring out dinner night after night? Let’s face it, most of us have to deal with dinner every day one way or another and not having a plan come 5 pm is a sure recipe for a case of the winter doldrums! However, we are here to say it does not have to be drudgery! Outlined below are 5 Tips that REALLY work to answer the dreaded “So, what are we doing for dinner tonight?”
- Plan out your week: This is the most important part of having more peaceful dinner times. Aim to have a plan for at least 4 nights a week, allowing one open night for leftovers or potluck dinner. Having no plan at all typically will result in stressful dinner times (we have been there many times!)
- Use SIMPLE recipes with SIMPLE Ingredients: look for recipes that are 30 minutes or less to prep and do not use one off ingredients. No need to make it more complicated and spend extra time in the grocery store looking for that one ingredient you need only 1 tbsp in a recipe. We all know how annoying that is!
- Don’t Become a Short Order Cook: A huge part of having a more simplified routine is making ONE dinner for your whole family. Cooking 2 or 3 different meals each night is WAY too much work and will set a precedent you just do not want to set! Find dinners that work for adults and kids alike. Our members tell us all the time one of the biggest benefits of our service is the recipes work for their whole family and it is this practice of cooking one dinner that has totally changed their family dinners.
- Pick Some Make Ahead Meals Each Week: having a few easy dinners each week you can prep in advance and have oven ready is always a happy thing on a busy weeknight. Try to include one make ahead or slow cooker recipe in your plan to allow for those nights when there truly is no time to cook. I personally use these on nights when we have multiple activities (ie 3 hockey practices, theater rehearsal and a parent info night wedged in the middle) when everyone might be eating at different times. Saves me from the pizza delivery every time!
- Use the Store Flyer: I know, we are all busy and those flyers often just end up in our recycling bin. But using the flyers will not only save you money but also make shopping faster. Why? Many of the featured specials are clearly identified in the store with signage, at the end of aisles, and there is typically always good stock. It will reduce your “where is the…” hunt while in the store.
Of course if you want some help in pulling this all together we would be happy to help! Click Here to Join our Dinner Daily Community of busy moms and dads and you will not have to think about what’s for dinner again!
Want to have easy dinner recipes every week? And even better, dinner plans that are created just for you based on your food preferences and local store specials? If so, give The Dinner Daily a try!
Try it free for 2 weeks!