Need a quick and easy dinner for tonight? We have a great one for all you steak lovers out there! This is one of our newer recipes submitted by Jane Morrill, a member of our growing recipe development team. We will be introducing you to Jane and others on our team in the coming weeks.
What’s so great about this dinner?
(1) It took just under 30 minutes to get on the table (love that!)
(2) As simple as it was, it was equally delicious and enjoyed by the whole family.
(3) I only had to buy 3 ingredients at the store, since the other 4 items were staples.
(4) The whole dinner cost about $15 (or $3 dollars a person) since the steak, cauliflower, and even the carrots were on special at my local grocery store (as highlighted on my Dinner Daily shopping list!)
Here’s the super simple recipe below for you to enjoy tonight!
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 16 oz of baby carrots (or regular, chopped)
- 1.5 to 2 lbs of steak (we used strip steak)
- 2 tsp of olive olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (can also use dried oregano, parsley as well or substitute 1 tbs of fresh)
- 1 tsp honey
Bring large saucepan of water to a boil. Place carrots & cauliflower into pan, or use a steamer basket. Lower heat to medium, and cook veggies for about 15 mins, or until fork tender. While veggies are cooking, sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper and a large heat skillet on med/high. Add oil and sear steak for about 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When veggies are fork tender, drain and place in serving bowl. Add butter, honey & tarragon to bowl and mash into veggies. Season veggies with salt and pepper. Place large spoonful of mashed veggies on each plate and place steak on top of veggies.
Don’t care for tarragon? Feel free to substitute with dried oregano or parsley instead!