The busy back to school season is upon us and for many of us, that means getting back to routines. And routines typically mean regular family dinners. This easy bean stew recipe is a very simple and hearty weeknight meal perfect for the fall season. It is also a one of our most ‘favorited” recipes by our members.
We understand that getting easy dinners on the table each night is a challenge, especially when you are juggling work, sports practices and/or activities for the kids. Consequently, you need recipes that work, are easy, and your family will actually eat-like this Easy Bean Stew recipe.
Why We Love this Easy Bean Stew Recipe:
- It is so so easy to make with little prep time
- It is an easy way to get a vegetarian dinner into your weekly rotation
- The recipe is economical and healthy. The total cost of this dinner is under $10 for a family of five.
- It is family friendly and a great one for the toddler crowd.
Easy and healthy dinners are what we are all about at The Dinner Daily. If you are looking for some other options beyond this Bean Stew recipe, check out these other Dinner Daily favorites below:
Three Bean Vegetable Stew
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 onions medium, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 15 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 15 oz red kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup baby carrots chopped
- 14 1/2 oz diced tomatoes with basil garlic & oregano
- 15 oz chick peas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese optional
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion & cook for 5 mins until softened.
- Add garlic & stir for 30 secs.
- Stir in beans, carrots, tomatoes, chick peas, broth, and oregano.
- Season with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Bring to low boil, turn heat to low, cover & let simmer for 15 mins.
- Serve. (Optional: sprinkle with cheese.)