Here’s a delicious quick grilled chicken sausage recipe that is fabulous for the summer, or anytime you feel like firing up your grill! This 30 minute recipe has only six ingredients, and like all Dinner Daily recipes is easy to make, delicious and healthy.
This one is going to be a keeper in our house as not only did it taste great but it was so easy and used just a few ingredients, (six to be exact), and that includes the olive oil. When summer squash is in season, this easy recipe is a great one to make throughout the season (our members can favorite it and add it to their weekly menus whenever they want!). This Grilled Chicken Sausage recipe is also perfect for those busy weeknights when you need to keep dinners simple. The pre-cooked sausage makes this extra quick but you can use the non-cooked variety, just be sure to adjust the cooking time. Since the meal already includes a veggie, you really only need to add a simple salad to round out the meal. If you are looking for some ideas for simple sides, check out this previous post: https://thedinnerdaily.com/3-easy-side-dishes-to-get-dinner-done/
If you are a member of The Dinner Daily, you will most likely be seeing this recipe on your summer menus, when chicken sausage are on special at your store. Not a member but want to save money on your groceries, have a ready to go dinner plan based on your food preference and local grocery store specials? CLICK HERE!
Here is the quick and simple recipe for you, just in time for dinner tonight!
Grilled Chicken Sausage with Squash & Capers
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 summer squash sliced lengthwise into 1/2" planks
- 2 zucchini sliced lengthwise into 1/2" planks
- 2 packages chicken sausage fully cooked
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbs capers
- Heat grill on med. Brush squash with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Cook veggies and sausage on oiled grill for about 8 to 10 minutes until browned and veggies are tender (turn squash & sausage during cooking). Slice squash & sausages into bite-size pieces and place in serving dish. Top with parsley and capers. Not grilling? You can easily do this recipe in a large skillet. Just brown the sausage first, remove & set aside, slice veggies into bite-size pieces and cook in same skillet over med heat.