Can you ever get enough easy grilled chicken recipes? It is July and we are officially in the height of grill season. We wanted to share a simple grilled chicken recipe that is so simple and easy. It involves a very easy marinade and although we did it with grilled chicken, you could do it with other meats too such as pork tenderloin or beef. It is great for easy summer grilling but can be done just as easy under the broiler.
We did this recipe with grilled chicken thighs since they were on special. However, we tested the recipe on both bone in and boneless versions and they both worked equally well. The bone in version did need a bit more time on the grill than the boneless, about 30 minutes in total.
We paired it with an easy side- the Tomato and Lima Bean Salad. This is such an easy side for summer grilling and barbecues. It only takes about five minutes to prep, bringing the whole dinner to under 30 minutes to get on the table. The best part is the whole family loved it. Wishing you all easy and healthy summer cookouts!
Grilled Chicken with Tomato and Lima Beans:
Grilled Paprika & Cumin Chicken
- 2 to 3 lbs of chicken drumsticks or thighs bone in or boneless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced or minced
- juice of 1 lime
- Preheat grill or broiler to med heat. Place chicken drumsticks or thighs in baking dish just large enough to hold them. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Mix all other ingredients in small bowl with whisk or fork. Spread over chicken in dish. Marinate 30 mins up to 1 hour in fridge. Let stand at room temperature for 10 mins before grilling. Cook on grill 15 to 20 mins (bone in will need more time) and chicken reaches 165 degrees and is no longer pink at the thickest point.
Tomato & Lima Bean Salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 10 oz frozen lima beans
- 1 container grape tomatoes we used yellow, sliced in half
- 1/2 small red onion chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful fresh parsley chopped
- Heat oil (or butter) in skillet over medium heat. Add lima beans and onions and cook for about 5 to 8 minutes until warmed and just starting to get tender. Add tomatoes, lemon juice, salt & pepper to pan. Continue to heat for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in fresh parsley.
Looking for other easy weeknight dinner ideas? Check out these other recipes: