We recently made this delicious Filipino Chicken recipe and it is a keeper! Cooking boneless chicken thighs in the slow cooker is a great way to use this cut of meat. Boneless chicken thighs are less expensive than the ever popular boneless chicken breasts but admittedly, they are a little less “elegant” to cook with. They look messier, are a bit harder to cut up raw and so people sometimes avoid them. But they are a terrific cut that stays juicy and flavorful through all kinds of cooking. At The Dinner Daily, we have lots of easy dinner recipes that make use of boneless chicken thighs: some in the oven, some in the skillet, and of course, in the trusty slow cooker as with this recipe. Having the meat cook all day in the slow cooker means tender, fall apart chicken. In this Filipino chicken recipe, you will also have TONS of flavor from the simple garlic and soy based sauce. Yum!
The recipe is super easy and is great for both experienced and inexperienced cooks alike. It has become a hit with my daughter and her college roommates and check out this recent comment posted on the recipe page from Frank:
“Easy to make, easier to eat…just the thing a Dad that does know the first thing about cooking needs.“
Served over some rice, couscous or starch of choice, along with a simple veggie, and you have a complete meal! We would love to hear your comments below!
Filipino Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 8 garlic cloves peeled & crushed
- 1 onion large, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- In slow cooker, combine chicken, vinegar, soy sauce, 1/3 cup water and 1 tsp black pepper.
- Place garlic, onion, and bay leaves on top.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hrs or until chicken is tender.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.
Hope you like it!
- Looking for another simple weeknight recipe: Check out The Dinner Daily’s Healthy Ground Turkey Casserole.
- Want to learn more about how The Dinner Daily can make your life easier by doing all your weeknight dinner planning? Read about how The Dinner Daily works.
- The Dinner Daily can help you save money, too. Learn how here.