As we head into Memorial Day Weekend, we wanted to share this easy Grilled Shrimp recipe. We affectionately refer to it as “Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie” as a call out to a team member from the Land Down Under but the recipe works just as well in the Northern Hemisphere! (And to be accurate, this would be called “Prawns on the Barbie” in Australia, since shrimp is not part of their food vocabulary). The recipe below serves five people. If you are doing this for a crowd, you will need to double or triple the quantities.
Why we love this Grilled Shrimp recipe:
- It is super easy to prep and prepare in advance. If you are hosting a barbecue this weekend (or anytime) you can get the shrimp ready early.
- It has tons and tons of flavor! The combination of the garlic, lime juice, fresh parsley, and a hint of heat from the red pepper flakes is fabulous. If you don’t like spice at all, just exclude the red pepper flakes. Easy!
- If you have more time, you can allow it to marinate longer and the flavor will just get better and better.
- The recipe works just as well under the broiler if it is the winter or you are just not into turning on the grill.
- Any leftover shrimp can be chopped up for delicious shrimp salad sandwiches. Just add a bit of mayo or greek yogurt and a drizzle of lime or lemon juice.
- The grilled shrimp makes for an easy weeknight summer meal served alongside a hearty salad. We love to have it with one of our favorite bean and avocado salads.
Wishing you all a Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Grilled Shrimp on the Barbie
- 2 lbs shrimp raw, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbs soy sauce or tamari, low sodium
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- red pepper flakes sprinkle (optional)
- Thaw shrimp if frozen and place in bowl or large ziploc bag. Mix all remaining ingredients in small bowl and pour over shrimp. Stir shrimp until well coated. If time allows, marinate in fridge up to 30 minutes. Preheat grill or broiler to medium/high heat. Grease grill rack or broiler pan. If grilling, thread shrimp on skewers. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 mins per side, until opaque.
Looking for some other easy dinner recipe ideas? Check out these articles below: