At this time of year, we are all looking for ways to save time. And we also know no matter how busy we are with all the holiday festivities, dinner still comes around every night. This recipe for Bean Corn Avocado Salad is super easy, does not need to be cooked, and believe it or not is very kid friendly. We first created this recipe when we were asked by our local Whole Foods to do an in store demonstration for an easy weeknight dinner. We were totally “sold out” within the hour and had numerous requests afterwards for the recipe. The flavor is that good! It really is a keeper for busy weeknights. Served alongside some warm crusty bread you have a complete and healthy meal that is easy to get on the table. Enjoy!
Bean Corn Avocado Salad
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 15 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 15 oz chick peas drained & rinsed
- 2 cups baby kale chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 red/orange/yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 avocado peeled & chopped
- Make dressing: In a small bowl mix oil, vinegar, lime juice & garlic.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- In salad bowl, mix together remaining ingredients and drizzle with dressing.
- Mix to coat.