Many of us feel too busy and are always looking for ways to save time. No wonder, given our schedules are often pushed to the limit with endless “to-do” lists. And the busier we are, the more likely we are to eat foods we might not normally eat, to keep things easy. Finding the time to prepare even a quick dinner can often seem like too much at the end of a long day. This simple ground turkey casserole is a perfect dinner solution for those kinds of days!
The key to making sure you are not stuck in the drive thru line (when you really don’t want to be) is to have some easy make ahead meals you can prepare in advance and just heat and serve at dinner time. This healthy ground turkey casserole recipe is one of those meals. It is one of our earliest recipes we created for The Dinner Daily and no surprise it is one of our members’ favorites! It is hearty and filling and paired with a simple green veggie or salad makes for an easy and healthy weeknight meal. Also, although we did it with ground turkey, you could swap out the turkey for ground beef if you prefer.
Ground Turkey Pasta Bake
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1 cup of mozzarella, the feta, & garlic in bowl. Season with salt & pepper, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain & place in large bowl.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray, add turkey & onion and cook on med heat until meat is browned.
- Place turkey mixture in bowl with pasta & mix in sauce & tomatoes.
- Spray 13 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of turkey mix in baking dish & sprinkle with cheese mix.
- Top with remaining pasta/turkey mix & top with mozzarella.
- Cover with foil & bake for 20 mins.