With tomorrow being the day of love, we wanted to provide some easy Valentines Dinner Ideas for Two. We think one of the best ways to show your love for someone is to prepare a healthy home cooked meal. Skip the crowded restaurants with all the hype, set your table with some candles, put a note of love on your beloved’s plate, pour the wine (optional of course), and sit down to a quiet relaxing meal. If you have young kids, perhaps plan the meal for later in the evening when the kids are sleeping.
If you are thinking “yes sounds good, but I am busy and that is way too hard since I would have to figure out what make, including the sides, and deal with putting together a shopping list….”, we have a plan for you. Listed below are some very easy Valentines dinner ideas for two. You can get the complete plan, including the shopping list, right from your Dinner Daily Dashboard. With all the flexibility your Dinner Daily membership offers, you can easily change your plan size to Meals for Two and create a customized menu for a special dinner. See our step by step instructions below. In fact, you can do this throughout the year whenever you have a special occasion. Whether you like seafood, beef, pork, or vegetarian, we have provided three main meal options per food type, along with some suggested sides. Ready to get started?
Your Game Plan for your Valentines Dinner For Two:
- Log in to your Dinner Daily Account
- Print or Save your current menu before creating your Valentines Day menu (so you can revert back to it).
- If you are currently using our family plan: go to the Account Setting Page and under “Your Food and Plan Selections”, change to “Meals for Two”, assuming you are cooking for two people. Of course you can always plan this as a family dinner and include the kids or others in your household.
- Go to your Dashboard (now that your plan has been adjusted for Meals for Two) and click on your Menu.
- Using the Search feature, look for the recipes listed below, both mains and sides. Click on the recipe name and it will now appear in your menu. Follow the same process for your sides. Here is a quick video of our search feature in action: https://thedinnerdaily.com/how-to-search-all-recipes/
- Delete any remaining recipes you do not need (use the trash icon on the bottom ride of the recipe) so your shopping list is only focused on your special dinner. You can now print this menu, save it as a pdf, or just leave as if in your account for when you are cooking.
- Click on your shopping list. You can either print or use on your phone for in-store shopping, or send out to delivery or store pick up if your store offers that option.
- After you have cooked your dinner and no longer need the menu, click on the “Restore Original Menu” at the top of menu, right under the Print button. You will now be back to your normal weekly menu plan. Easy!
Our Valentines Dinner Ideas for Two:
We selected these well loved recipes because yes they taste amazing, are easy, and take about 40 mins or less to get on the table. However, these recipes have the added bonus of looking beautiful on the plate making the dinner feel extra special, perfect for the 14th of February. And remember if you want more ideas, just use the search function (link for quick video above) by typing in what you are looking for. So if your beloved’s favorite meal is pork chops or ground beef, then try typing those items into the search bar to see more options.
For the Seafood Lover:
Salmon with Shitake Mushrooms and Tomatoes
Salmon with Mango and Feta
Lime & Coconut Poached Fish
Suggested sides: Garlic Roast Potatoes & Brocolli and Carrot Slaw
For the Meat Lover:
Asian Spiced Flank Steak
Steak and Tomato Panzanella
Pork Tenderloin with Pears and Cider
Suggested sides: Corn and Avocado Salad & Roasted Asparagus
For the Vegetarian:
Creamy Farro Portobellos
Thai Quinoa Salad
Mediterrean Baked Sweet Pototaoes
Suggested sides: Chopped Caprese Salad and/or Roasted Veggies
Not a member and want to try this out? You can try it out for free here: thedinnerdaily.com/subscribe
If you are looking for more information on how to do meal planning like a pro, check out our Meal Planners Guide here: